You see it in the movies, you read it in magazines, you even hear it happening to other people, but you never think it will happen to you. It’s the plot twist that you weren’t expecting, finding out that someone who you thought cared about you was actually treating you as an option. I would be lying if I said it didn’t hurt, but you have to remember that it can’t consume you. If someone treats you like a joke, leave him like it’s funny. You are no one’s second choice, you are worth way more than just being an option, and even if it seems like the end of the world, trust me it’s not. The saying “once a cheater always a cheater” is very true and you are better off without him. When you first find out you may feel stupid for not recognizing the warning signs but remember its not your fault that he has a wandering eye and cant keep it in his pants. In the end karma will work its magic and he will get his just desserts. For the meantime keep your head held high, have a girls night, and realize that you are a queen and deserve to be treated as such.
- Get rid of anything and everything that reminds you of him
- Unfriend and unfollow him on social media, you don’t need his negativity in your life anymore
- If you truly love him and believe that it was an epic mistake or momentary lapse of judgment then try couples therapy (keep in mind actions speak louder than words)
- Take a trip or find a new hobby to distract yourself
- Don’t let anyone make you think you aren’t good enough