To quote the great Carrie Bradshaw “Maybe our girlfriends are our soul mates and guys are just the people to have fun with”.
How to survive Valentines Day when you are single
- Love Yourself
If you find yourself baeless this Valentines day, don’t worry just take the time to show yourself some extra love. Who said you need a guy to buy you flowers and chocolate? If you are a strong independent woman you can celebrate by buying yourself some beautiful flowers and all the chocolate you want.
- Celebrate With Friends
Who said Valentines Day is just for couples? Valentines day is all about celebrating relationships, which includes friendships and your family. If you find yourself alone this Valentines Day don’t sit around feeling sorry for yourself, call the girls and make plans.
- Have a Karaoke Night
While you are waiting patiently for your prince charming you might as well have fun. You may not have the voice of an angel but sometimes singing some of your favorite songs with your girlfriends is a great way to spend the night.
- Make Sure That You Have Plenty of Chocolate and Wine
There is nothing better than sitting back and relaxing while enjoying the finer things in life.
- Don’t Look at Social Media
Try to avoid all forms of social media, unless you want to see the ridiculously cheesy couple posts that will be clogging up your news feed all weekend.
- Just remember your time will come
It may feel like you will never find love, but just remember you don’t find love, love finds you, and no matter what you will ALWAYS have your girlfriends.
Bonus: Perks Of Not Having A Valentine
- You don’t need to agonize over finding the right gift
- You don’t need to spend hours finding the perfect date night outfit
- You don’t need to think of a clever caption for your couple picture
- You don’t have to shave
- You can eat all the chocolate you want without any judgment
- You get to pick how you spend the night
- You can drink all the wine you want
- You don’t have to brave the cold or God forbid the snow
- You can spend the entire night in your sweats